Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hey You.

There is a particular bitterness I experience when seeing an object that displays both extreme beauty and simplicity in its creation. So, like, whenever I see a teapot with one of those in-built strainers I'm forcibly reminded of the painful scene in The Squid and the Whale, in which Walt is (rightly) accused of plagiarism.

MR. WADDLES: You said you wrote the song you played in assembly.

WALT: Uh huh.

MR. WADDLES: Why?

WALT: I don't know.

MR. WADDLES: Did you have a reason?

WALT: I felt I could've written it.

MR. WADDLES: Okay. But you didn't. It was written by Roger Waters of Pink Floyd. I think you know that.

WALT: Yes, but I felt I could've so the fact that it was already written was kind of a technicality.

MR. WADDLES: I see.


So basically this felt-slice necklace has me seething, but I also have a strange urge to take credit for it.



I could have thought of that.

Why. Didn't. I. Think. Of. That.

NB: The second photo is from Facehunter, not sure about the first.

No comments: