Tuesday, March 15, 2011

IT'S EDUCATIONAL.

One of the Australian Fashion Week Spring collections I'm most looking forward to is that of Saint Augustine Academy. Though I've blogged about SAA before, it was not until recently that I realised it was a Sydney label.

I definitely know it now.

Designer Alvin Manalo's latest campaigns for the label wrap up this fair city in a sweet embrace. For starters SAA's Fall 2011 campaign stars the entirely gorgeous Isabella Manifredi of The Preachers and the very lovely James Domeyko who, amongst other things, co-founded Eclipsefest.


Tying things up neatly, The Preachers' video for their single Pale Rider shows the band decked out in suitably moody Saint Augustine Academy threads:

Perhaps most interesting for me is the short film Rooms for the Memory directed by Oliver Heath, which is featured on SAA's website as a catalogue for its Crystal Ballroom Spring 2011 collection.

Rooms for the Memory is a veritable who's who of a certain Marrickville/ Newtown set, bright young things who will undoubtedly be the subject of many a nostalgic tract in decades to come. The whole thing is, of course, exceedingly Cool, but I don't think there is anything contrived about Manalo's vision. I just wanna see what comes next.

No comments: