Tuesday, September 30, 2008

metalix



When I was but a wee lass I found this seaweed in a Bondi beach rock pool which shone a crazy metallic purple under water, but when I plucked it out to show my mum it just looked like a crappy pile of brown mess. I was going to say that these dresses might be a bit like the seaweed, the catwalk like the ocean, bla bla bla, but then it occurred to me that people often seem to underestimate the wearability of Nicholas Ghesquiere's designs, case in point his Fall 2007 Ready-to-Wear Balenciaga collection.
Which, as it turned out looked hella cool on the red carpet when worn by Charlotte Gainsbourg.
So, my closing thoughts on the current collection: I'm not gonna diss it just 'cos I don't get it.
Nevertheless and with all this said, is anyone else a bit non-plussed by the general state of the Milan and Paris fashion weeks so far? It kind of reminds me of that crotch pocket in your swimmers where all the sand collects... I'm going to stop writing weird beach analogies now.

No comments: