Saturday, January 15, 2011

Her?

There's a scene in Arrested Development that always makes me laugh when I think about it:

George, Sr.: Now, listen, we can’t just go in there and plead “not guilty,” we have to have someone big behind us, our own private Matlock. So I made some calls and I got him.

Michael: Got who?

George, Sr.: Andy Griffith. What, you never saw Matlock?

Michael: Not a real attorney, Dad.

George, Sr.: Now, for ten grand, he’ll actually sit behind us in court and read the paper. For $15,000, he’ll actually sit at the defense table. For $20,000, he’ll twice lean forward (Whispers.) and whisper something in your ear. Oh. White suit, that’s extra.

Michael: Boy, that’s an awful lot of money for the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard.


This bit of dialogue came back to me when I saw these Casadei heels and their price tag:


They'll cost you a cool AUD$9022.97. 
And that's an awful lot of money for the fugliest shoes I've ever seen.

No comments: