Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Get Yer Ya Yas Out

Another day, another intensely irritating rant from Fred Niles, and this time he hates breasts (kind of.) This comes at the worst possible time for me, as just today I was noticing the number of topless men walking along Glebe Point Rd, none of whom drew a second glance. Personally I would probably never feel comfortable going topless on the beach let alone on a sidewalk - but that in itself pisses me off.
The whole thing makes me think of Zia McCabe of the Dandy Warhols, who used to perform topless on stage:She later said in an interview:
'...all the guys in the mosh pit with their shirts off looked like they were having so much fun. It seemed natural once I made the transition to the stage that when I got all hot and sweaty and I was in the moment that I should take my clothes off. But it got turned around on me and people were asking if I was a feminist or exhibitionist. I didn’t have a motive! Then it just wasn’t fun anymore because it took so much more for me to get caught up in the moment.'

Maybe I'll take a leaf out of Siouxsie Sioux's book, and make baby steps towards full blown public indecency:

Or maybe I'll just buy this Urban Outfitter's T-shirt, which bears no relation to any social issue whatsoever.

No comments: